this week has been hard. frustrating. depressing. sad. dumb. stressful. exhausting. i thought at least once every day "i hate today." i would go see a doctor if this lasted...because this is just not like me. but i promise this is the first time this has happened for more than half an hour. it's just a funk.
nothing terrible happened. i promise. just a bunch of pity parties, petty arguments, selfishness, tears (when i start, i can't stop.), homesickness, no motivation, no inspiration, no creativity.
(( wow, kim this looks like it is going to be a fun post! ))
so this favorite things friday thing is a pain in the butt right now, but is probably a bit of therapy for me at the moment. i need to be focusing on the good things. these little things just might get me inspired today.
sidenote: my husband just left the house with guns, a pipe, his machete (?!), a flannel shirt, his headlamp, bible, and journal.
"i've got more ammo than i do clothes"
oh, how different men's retreats are from women's retreats.
1. bunting flags. i made a few strands for a baby shower i'm hosting and i'm about to make some for my farmer's market booth that says "oh, sweet joy." you can't tell me these don't make your heart smile.
2. good breakfast. i've been neglecting my breakfast this week because i ran out of cereal and didn't want to go buy more. can you say lazy? this morning i woke up HUNNNNNGRY..so i made this.
3. my pinking shears. people always recommended these things and i basically said in my head "don't tell me what i need" oh, hey pride. good to see you again.
anywho, bunting flags were taking way.too.stinking.long and i like the "raw" look of ones made with pinking shears. so there we go. i bought them. they save a TON of time. they're fun. and can cut through home decor fabric like nobody's business. athankyou.
4. playing grown up's etsy shop. absolutely brilliant. so fun. i want one. or two.
how fun would they be as props for save the dates, baby or graduation announcements? i think all photographers should have a few as props. just sayin.
5. isaiah 55:12 i encouraged someone with this verse earlier in the week and its been constantly on my mind the last few days. i just love every part of it. the promise of peace. the pardon of the wrath we deserve. God's triumphant grace. the excitement of creation.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
every minute, 2 children are sold. SOLD. taken from their families and sold to scumbags.
i'm a bit wordy today, so that means about 4-6 children have been sold into slavery since you started reading this post.
i love what love146 does. i hate that we live in a world where this is so important and necessary. i hate that its even possible for young children to be sexually exploited.
i hate that these kids get their childhood taken from them. they don't get to play hop scotch. no mac n cheese. no playgrounds. no sidewalk chalk. no running around. no bike riding. no laughing and giggling with their friends.
i hate that people don't realize there is still human slavery going on in our world. but you can help. go here for more information on the issue and find out how to help. whether that means donating a percentage of your sales (that's been my conviction & action), buying items from their store for a partial donation but free advertising when you wear them, whatever.