here are my top 10 goals for 2011. there is no particular order, nor are there capital letters. hope that doesn't make you cringe :)
1. finish my quilt ((last year's new years resolution)). hey, give me a break. i was on the other side of the world for a third of 2010.
2. always be "working on" a book in the Bible. right now: Daniel.
3. be more organized. ((i'm lucky to have a clean slate for this!))
4. be more focused on the silver lining than the negative of any situation. translation: live each moment with a thankful heart.
5. be better about keeping up with friends. i highly dislike talking on the phone ((i bet my parents wish i had this problem when i was a teenager and was infatuated with immature boys)), but phones are for more than texting & checking twitter, right?
6. no buying new clothes for 3 months.
if i make it that long when i complete this one, i will celebrate my birthday weekend :)
7. be more focused on "oh, sweet joy" products and make only what i'm passionate about. it's not about making money, it's about doing what you love. can i get an amen?
8. have a designated day each week for grocery shopping, cleaning the house, doing laundry, planning/preparing meals for the week, etc. bottom line: i'm chase's helper. by taking care of these tasks, he feels loved & it's the best way for me to help him. above my business, blog, or whatever else, i am to be his helper. without rolling my eyes or cussing in my head about the sofa cover.
9. be better about living in community, rather than being a hermit in my studio. read: answer my phone.
10. i want to be full of love & grace, like my Jesus. for me, this means stop giving dirty looks, silencing snarky comments, and being full of forgiveness...even when someone is straight up awful to me.
what are some of your goals for 2011?