Way back in the day, I used to work for Fossil. I still love the company and would rock their apparel and accessories, alike, on the daily if I could afford it all....I digress.
It was during my days at Fossil that I became a bit obsessed with watches. I have way too many ((that consequently need their batteries changed)) & I really think watches are the most underrated of accessories. I have a few watch faces that are missing their straps and so I decided to make some pretty bands for them. I have no idea where the watch face photographed came from, but it, too, needs a new battery.
Here's all you need:
Some sort of snap ((I used pearl snaps because I'm country like that))
Here's all you have to do:
1. Measure around your wrist to see how long you need your strap to be. Make sure you leave room for sean allowance, overlapping & snapping. I rhymed. Giggle.
2. Determine how wide you'd like your strap and double it plus half an inch or so for seam allowance.
3. Cut out your rectangle.
4. Fold it in half (long-ways) right sides of the fabric facing each other.
5. Sew around the 3 raw edges and leave an opening on the long side.
6. Flip right side out and press.
7. Top stitch around the edges.
8. Add your snap or velcro or whatever you decided to use.
9. Insert fabric through your watch face and voila!
I was playing around and made a woven five strand braided band as well. I added crochet lace trim to another. You could find vintage watch faces at a thrift store or even just an old watch and take the band off. It's just so fun & the possibilities are endless!
Have fun :)