I'm a quarter of a century old today, folks! Today will be full of relaxation, a filling breakfast at the Buff with my man, a giant whatevertheheckiwant drink from starbucks ((that will be free, mind you. thanks gold card!)), perhaps some shopping, maybe some sewing for myself ((gasp!)), birthday cake, and calories that don't count.
In celebration, here are twenty five facts that you didn't need to know, you may or may not know now.... but you will by the time you
suffer read through this post.
1. I have big feet for my height. I jump for joy when I can
squeeze fit into an 8.5 instead of a 9.
2. The amount of nail polish colors I have underneath my bathroom sink is absolutely heinous. Anyone want to have a nail painting party?
3. White Daisies, light pink peonies, and ranunculus are in a three-way-tie for my favorite flower.
4. I have a chunk of purple hair that's really just an extension. It's real hair, but not my hair, and that still kind of creeps me out.
5. I sing, but get ridiculously nervous every.single.time I have to sing by myself. Heart jumping, palms and pits sweating, voice shaking nervous. I prefer harmonizing & for someone else to take the lead :)
6. My favorite song of all time is "Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman" by Diana Ross & The Supremes.
7. I have an entire laundry bin full of scarves. They're my favorite way to pull a look together!
8. My Memaw taught me the basics of sewing on her machine when I was a sophomore in college. She's the coolest.
9. I say "cuss" instead of curse words. Most of the time. O_o
10. I really enjoy running and want to run my first half-marathon this year!
11. This is my dream kitchen.
12. The most difficult thing I've made was a custom wedding dress for a girl I knew from high school.
13. I'm happiest with Chase reading in the living room, oldies playing, baking macarons in the kitchen, with a cute anthro apron on.
14. I'm a Personal Shopper for Anthropologie. It's seriously the coolest job ever.
15. We are in the works of teaming up with a non-profit to outsource the construction of some Oh, Sweet Joy! products to widows in India who are in need of income.
16. I'm a snob about a few things: ice-cream, grammar, cotton candy, candles fabric, baked goods and flowers. One time I really hurt Chase's feelings when he got me carnations and I told him, "those are funeral flowers, so don't buy these for me again." Not my finest moment.
17. I am forgetful, clumsy, and impatient.
18. I love my "homemade" robin's egg blue cruiser bike with a coffee cup holder.
19. I am really hard on my shoes and wear them out quickly these days, but can't stand to get rid of them!
20. I only like to drink Dr. Pepper out of the can or from a legit fountain. It's got to be the perfect carbonation vs. syrup ratio! I guess we can add this to the list of things I'm a snob about.
21. I'd consider myself a decent cook.
22. We almost always have fresh flowers in our house. Mr. Davis is such a sweet one :)
23. I graduated from Texas A&M University with a degree in Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences...also lovingly known as RPTS.
24. I'm styling a wedding in April!
25. I have a dimple underneath my left eye on my cheek. You can kiiiind of see it under my glasses in the photo above. It's silly pants.
Happy Birthday to my father-in-law, my aunt Mary, and all you other bloggin' gals with the same birthday as me! High Five!