The meal I struggle most with is lunch. I never know what to make and I rarely want a sandwich, which is usually all we have. When I'm in a major lunch rut, I'm reminded of this pasta salad my mom used to make. It's super easy to throw together, make for a lot of people, and just a normal amount to have on hand in the fridge when you need a snack.
what you'll need:
1 box or bag of vegetable enriched rotini pasta
(it's the kind that is green & white & orange)
low fat italian salad dressing
1/2 red bell pepper
1 /2 green bell pepper
3-4 green onions
3 whole carrots or a handful of mini carrots
1 small can of sliced olives
1. Cook pasta as instructed on box
2. While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables.
3. Drain pasta & rinse in cold water until cool.
4. Toss in bell peppers, onions, carrots, a few spoonfuls of the olives.
5. Add a quarter cup of italian dressing, or less, or more however much you desire :)
6. Toss and let sit, covered, in the refrigerator for an hour or so. The longer it sits, the more the flavors blend together.
Serve cold as a side or eat an entire bowl for lunch. *wink*