I've never been one to love make-up and hair products, but when you're pregnant and nothing fits...something about fixing your hair and make-up makes the biggest difference in how you feel for the day. Lately, I feel more put together when I have skinny jeans and just a tank and cardigan on if I have my hair styled and some basic make-up on. I thought I'd share some of my favorite beauty products with you today, they're nothing fancy but what usually makes up my day to day routine :) You can open this post up at your drug store, or click the links directly and purchase from the comfort of...well, wherever you are right now.
1. OPI Nail Polishes - My mom got me hooked on these at a young age and now anything less than OPI or Essie is bunk. Who knew I'd ever be a nailpolish snob?!
2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Conditioner - It's SUPER dry in Colorado and this is the one leave in treatment that doesn't make my hair greasy, but conditions it well. Can be purchased at any salon or beauty supply store. I saw it at Target this week, as well.
3. No Zit Sherlock - Silly name, serious acne treatment. Seriously, had this been named anything else I probably wouldn't have gotten it haha It works really well (when I'm routine about using it) and I've used it for a couple of years now. Can be purchased at Sephora or Beauty Brands.
4. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara - By far my favorite "drug store" mascara. It replaced my orange tube that I'd used for years and years!
5. E.L.F. eyelash curler - I typically don't leave the house without a quick eyelash curl & coat of mascara. Only $1!
6. NuMe 4Play Curling Wand - Get your mind out of the gutter, dirty birds. It's a curling wand...and it's the BEST. I scored it for $60 on NuMe's website with a discount code I found online. Seriously saved me over $130. It's been worth every penny ((my curling iron was about to bite the dust)).
7. E.L.F. brown or black liquid eyeliner - Somehow working at Anthro gave me confidence to wear cat-eye makeup (I tend to channel Lauren Conrad every morning with my curling wand and cat-eyes). This is what I use and it's super cheap. The long lid allows for great control. Can be purchased at Target.
8. Hana straightener from Misikko - I've had bad luck with Chi straighteners since 2003, y'all. They either break or one of the hot plates breaks off or stops heating up all-together. My hair isn't super curly, just mostly wavy but my bangs are another story. I HAVE to straighten my bangs every morning and this definitely does the trick! I received one courtesy of Misikko and would definitely recommend it.
9. Bare Minerals - I can't go cheap on items that go all over my face. Bare Minerals not only helped my skin clear up when I had to get off of birth control and my hormones freaked out, but it's easy to use and I love how light it is. I usually get mine from Sephora.
What are your go-to beauty products in your daily routine? Anything I need to add? If anyone has a thermal conditioner or heat protectant that they recommend, I'm in the market!