Happy April Fool's Day everyone! I hope someone gets you good today. I love a good prank.
Anywho, it seems like Spring-time is party central, with lots of birthdays and celebrations to be had. Today's DIY project is a fun little cupcake topper that is SO fast and easy and you more than likely have everything on hand already.
1. Cut about an inch and a half of washi tape.
2. Using a "fancy toothpick" ((the kind with the plastic frilly stuff on top)), poke a hole right in the middle.
3. Push the toothpick all the way through, covering up just a bit of the "frilly stuff."
4. Fold in half and trim the excess if you're off a bit.
5. Cut at an angle to make a hat.
6. Repeat on the other side & place on cupcakes!
See? I told you. SUPER fast and easy. You can add some trim to make them extra fancy if you'd like. They're amazingly customizable for party themes/colors and the combinations are endless.