I thought I'd repost this fun tutorial from the "oh, sweet joy! archives," since it's been one of my most pinned posts over the past few weeks. There are lots of new "faces" around here, so I figured I'd share one of my faves. Happy headband making!
The best part about this DIY? You don't have to have a sewing machine. A needle & thread will most certainly do the trick!
Here's what you'll need:
jersey knit or a stretchy rayon blend fabric
ball point needle (optional, but great for sewing knits!)
sewing needle or sewing machine
Ready? Let's sew!
1. Cut out two rectangles 5 inches by 26 inches.
2. Fold your two pieces in half, lengthwise.
3. Trim ends by tapering towards the edges. This will keep it from being super bulky behind your head.
4. Lay one piece upside down and place the other piece on top, right side up.
5. Fold wrong sides together, as shown.
6. Fold other side as well.
1. Set your machine to a zig zag stitch. (If hand sewing, ignore this step & use a blanket stitch for both steps 2 & 5)
2. Sew edges of BOTH sides together.
3.You'll end with something like this.
4. Fold & place the sewn sides together.
5. Sew these together as well.
6. Flip to where the sewn stitches are on the inside and fiddle with it until the wrong sides of the fabric don't show.
Rock that turban headband. You can put it on a hat to add some pizazz, as well!
sandals: target (similar)
bracelets: c/o Flourish Leather (LOVE THESE!)