Whether we like it or not, swimsuit season is just around the corner. I got some time at the pool last week on our vacay near Phoenix and just wore my suit from last year. Since I got back, I've been searching for the perfect suit and I found the pineapple one - it had to be mine. I rounded up some other fun ones to hopefully make your job a little easier.
1. This mix & match peplum suit from Anthropologie is simply perfection.
2. I snagged this little pineapple number and can't wait to get it! I'm loving the "midkini" top paired with the higher waisted bottom. More than anything, I can't wait for the snow to melt and the heat to get on over to Colorado so I can wear it.
3. I bought this suit bottomlast year from Urban Outfitters in a stripe. The bottoms are comfortable and what can I say, I'm a mix and matcher so it was perfect! I wore it with my go-to bandeau top from target.
4. Sorry, another peplum, but I couldn't help myself. This cute little peplum polka dot tankini is from Lime Ricki. I find their suits are a little juvenile most of the time, but this one is perfectly sophisticated in my book. I think Audrey Hepburn would have worn this :)
5. How fabulous is this rash guard from Albion Fit? It's perfect for catching some waves or for some beach volleyball.
I forgot to put this suit in the collage. I LOVE it.
Also: here are some swimsuit shopping tips.
((any fellas reading? shoo. get outta here))
1. Eat well and work out for a week - you'll be less bloated and a bit more toned. I know this sounds vain, but it will make swimsuit shopping a bit less horrifying. Who knows, it might even motivate you to work out more before swimsuit season is in full swing!
2. Get a wax before you try on. Trust me.
3. If you can get free shipping deals - order a ton in different sizes online and try them on in the comfort of your own home. This also keeps misleading mirrors from fooling you.
4. Make sure you aren't showing too much cleavage or muffin top. Inspect thoroughly ;) Last year, I was most self conscious about my midsection, where in years past it's been my thighs, so I bought a high waisted retro suit bottom and it worked wonders for my confidence at the pool. If you're busty but have a tiny waist, wear one of those suits that look like crop tops (and have a longer ruffle on the top portion) like this one from splendid. They're super flattering and protect you from any under boob. There are SO many great options out there for every body type, there's no reason to look like you squeezed into your suit. Plus, only you know what size you bought, so get what fits you NOW and what looks good NOW, not what you think you might fit into in a month.